EB-5 investors from Tuscon, Arizona, seeking an EB-5 investment should consider the benefits of investing in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) EB-5 visa project.
Tucson is a prime spot for an EB-5 investment, as every neighborhood in the city is covered by the EB5AN Arizona regional center, including Iron Horse and West University.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Tuscon, Arizona Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Those living in Tuscon, however, may simply want to invest in projects located within the state, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Tuscon.
Through the EB5AN State of Arizona EB-5 regional center, which covers Pima County (including the Old Pueblo), qualified foreign investors seeking permanent resident status in the U.S. can invest in a USCIS-approved EB-5 regional center. This regional center covers Tucson and nearby areas such as Sahuarita, Oro Valley, and Catalina Foothills.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers streamline the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants and make it easier to demonstrate required job creation. Specifically, only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors must show only that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan rather than documenting that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5 Affiliate Network maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Tuscon, Arizona.
EB-5 Investment in Tuscon
Tuscon: Population and Income Demographics
With a population of 530,706 and covering 236.5 square miles, Tucson, Arizona, has a population density of 2,299 people per square mile, making it the 534th-most densely populated city in the nation.
With its large population, Tucson has plenty of opportunities for EB5 project affiliating with the USCIS-approved EB5AN Arizona regional center. The community would benefit from your investment which would create full-time jobs and a subsequent reduction in unemployment.
The Culture and Economy of Tuscon, Arizona
Tucson attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors, university students, and investors every year, thanks to acclaimed landmarks such as Sonora Desert Museum and well-known institutions such as the University of Arizona. Tourists and students travel to Tucson from around the world. The EB-5 Regional Center Program has been endorsed by the city of Tucson, which views the program as a sterling opportunity for foreign investors and a boost to the U.S. economy.
Green Card Benefits for Tuscon EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Tuscon based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Florida and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Tuscon and the surrounding areas in Arizona should evaluate both financial and immigration risk when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
One of the requirements of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to ensure investors actually invest their capital and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Quite the contrary—EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investors from Tuscon
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Tuscon, Arizona. EB-5 investors from Tuscon and the surrounding areas in Arizona can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Tuscon considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.