EB-5 investors looking to invest in an EB-5 visa project in Frederick, Maryland, should consider the benefits of investing in an EB5AN sponsored project.
The EB5AN’s Maryland regional center provides complete coverage of Frederick including Downtown, Baker Park, and the Golden Mile.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers simplify the EB-5 investment process by offering specific guidance to potential EB-5 applicants. Also, investing with a regional center makes demonstrating the required job creation easier because investors paired with regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs. The indirect method of calculating jobs takes into account the jobs created through construction and cash flow in the community. Direct job creation requires directly hiring and documenting employees. EB-5 investors partnered with a regional center can simply show they appropriately allocated their invested funds according to their business plan.
Getting sponsorship of a strong EB-5 project in Frederick, Maryland, is easy because of the already established USCIS-approved EB5AN Maryland regional center.
The EB5AN Frederick, Maryland, Regional Center
The Maryland regional center covers Frederick and foreign investors living in the area may want to choose to invest in projects located locally. If foreign investors living in the area wanted to invest elsewhere in the country, EB5AN has a plethora of other regional centers across the country.
Our EB5AN State of Maryland Regional Center covers Frederick County along with neighboring Taneytown, Mount Airy, and Walkersville. Investing with an EB5AN regional center will allow eligible foreign investors to gain U.S. permanent resident status.
Green Card Benefits for Frederick EB-5 Investors
A Frederick based EB-5 investment has the following direct benefits:
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders have access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Florida and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
EB-5 Investment in Frederick
Frederick: Population and Income Demographics
Frederick can be found in the Washington-Baltimore-Arlington area. It is the largest county in the area with a population of 70,060 people. Investments in the Frederick area will contribute to the city’s growing appeal as a tourist destination which in turn will help grow the economy. A project would also bring new jobs which would lower unemployment rates.
The Culture and Economy of Frederick, Maryland
Located in the historic hub of the Washington-Baltimore-Arlington area, Frederick is an appealing place for visitors with sites like the National Museum of Civil War medicine. It continues to grow as a tourist destination while locals get to benefit from living so close to three major cities with lots of activity. EB-5 projects can further the growth of Frederick and would be easily sponsored under the regional center.
EB-5 Investors from Frederick
We can help potential investors find EB-5 investment projects that are sponsored by an EB5AN regional center and available to residents of Frederick, Maryland, or in the surrounding neighborhoods.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
When selecting an EB-5 investment project, EB-5 investors based in Frederick and the surrounding areas in Maryland should evaluate both financial and immigration risk.
The investment capital of a successful EB-5 visa investment must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to prevent any investors from simply “buying” a U.S. green card but actually invests their capital.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors should invest in “risky” projects. Quite the contrary—EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk through conduct thorough due diligence.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. It helps investors analyze both the financial and immigration risk perspectives of potential EB-5 projects in an efficient way.