EB-5 investors from Springfield, Illinois, looking to make an EB-5 investment should examine the benefits of investing in an EB-5 visa project sponsored by EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN).
From Downtown to Enos Park, the city of Springfield enjoys total geographic coverage from the EB5 Affiliate Network Illinois regional center.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Choose to Invest Through Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers simplify the process of EB-5 investment for EB-5 applicants and make it easier for EB-5 investors to satisfy the program’s job creation requirements. Only regional centers investors may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This is significant as it means that EB-5 investors do not need to document that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years but instead only need to show that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan.
EB5 Affiliate Network’s several USCIS-approved regional centers give it broad geographic coverage. This coverage network enables it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Springfield, Illinois.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Springfield, Illinois Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors can make an EB-5 investment in any EB-5 project in the United States, but those living in Springfield may desire to invest in projects already located within the state. Fortunately for these investors, EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Springfield.
Our EB5AN State of Illinois Regional Center covers the entire state of Illinois, including Springfield and Greene County. Eligible foreign investors who desire U.S. permanent resident status can make an EB-5 investment under our Illinois EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN-owned regional center to obtain permanent residency through the EB-5 investment program.
Green Card Benefits for Springfield EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Springfield based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor. For instance, green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa to work.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Springfield and the surrounding areas in Illinois ought to consider both financial and immigration risks when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
An essential requirement for a successful EB-5 investment is that the investment capital is kept at risk for the investment’s duration. This requirement ensures that investors invest their capital and cannot simply “purchase” a U.S. green card. However, EB-5 investors are not required to invest in “risky” projects. Quite the contrary—EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, working with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This easy-to-use, highly functional tool helps investors conduct their initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both immigration and financial risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investment in Springfield
Springfield: Population and Income Demographics
The city of Springfield spans 66.4 square miles, housing more than 100,000 inhabitants with a population density of 1,925 people per square mile. A Springfield-based EB-5 investment with EB5 Affiliate Network could help catalyze significant change in the local community, generating new full-time jobs and helping to reduce Springfield’s unemployment rate.
The Culture and Economy of Springfield, Illinois
Springfield’s historical landmarks, such as the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, attract tourists from all over the United States. Additionally, the University of Illinois at Springfield is a renowned educational institution for students throughout the nation and overseas. Springfield’s popularity makes it an ideal choice for investors. Springfield has also endorsed the EB-5 Regional Center Program as a mutually beneficial way for qualified foreign investors to receive permanent resident status in the United States while supporting the U.S. economy at the same time.
EB-5 Investors from Springfield
EB5AN has several EB-5 investment projects available to Springfield residents. EB-5 investors from Springfield and other areas in Illinois can inquire to learn about EB5 investment projects currently open to investment and sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
Regardless of where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Springfield considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help you. Call us at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.