EB-5 investors from Savannah, Georgia, looking to make an EB-5 investment should investigate the benefits of investing in an EB-5 visa project offered by EB5AN.
From Richmond Hill to Port Wentworth, the city of Savannah enjoys total geographic coverage from the EB5AN’s Georgia regional center.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Choose to Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers go a long way towards streamlining the EB-5 investment process for prospective EB-5 applicants. Regional centers also make it easier to demonstrate the program’s required job creation. Only regional centers can use the indirect method of calculating jobs where an economist uses an approved economic methodology. Due to this, regional center investors must show only that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan, unlike direct investors who must document that full-time employees were hired and then remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN has several USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities around the United States, including Savannah, Georgia.
The EB5AN Savannah, Georgia Regional Center
Prospective EB-5 investors may make EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. However, for those already living in Savannah, it may be easier to simply invest in projects located within the state. Thankfully, EB5AN already has a regional center approved by USCIS that covers Savannah.
Our EB5AN State of Georgia Regional Center covers the entire state of Georgia, including Chatham County and Savannah. Eligible foreign investors interested in U.S. permanent resident status can make an EB-5 investment in a project sponsored by our Georgia EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN-owned regional center to obtain U.S. permanent residency through the EB-5 investment program.
Green Card Benefits for Savannah EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Savannah-based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction. They can live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor. Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Permanent residents can also complete internships, work while studying, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders qualify for financial aid, in-state tuition, and scholarships.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $800,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,050,000, but all EB5AN EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $800,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Savannah and the surrounding areas in Georgia should consider a project’s financial and immigration risk before making their EB-5 investment.
A successful EB-5 visa investment must keep the EB-5 investment capital at risk for the investment’s duration. This requirement ensures that investors invest their capital and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
This “at risk” label does not imply that EB-5 investors must invest in projects that are “risky.” In fact, EB-5 investors are recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to immigration and financial risk.
EB5AN, working with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors to use. This easy-to-use, highly functional tool guides investors through their initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both immigration and financial risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investment in Savannah
Savannah: Population and Income Demographics
The city of Savannah spans 108.7 square miles, housing 146,763 inhabitants with a population density of 13,460 people per square mile. These figures render it the 683rd-most densely populated U.S. city.
A Savannah-based EB-5 investment with EB5AN could help drive significant change in the local community, generating new full-time jobs and helping to reduce Savannah’s unemployment rate.
The Culture and Economy of Savannah, Georgia
Savannah’s popular attractions like Forsyth Park draw visitors to the city in droves. Students from all around the world and across the country come to Savannah State University. What’s more, Savannah fully supports the EB-5 Regional Center Program as a way for investors to legally immigrate to the United States while boosting the U.S. economy.
EB-5 Investors from Savannah
EB5AN has several EB-5 investment projects open to residents of Savannah, Georgia. EB-5 investors from Savannah and the surrounding areas in Georgia can ask about EB5 investment projects sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center and currently open to investment.
Regardless of where you come from, as long as you are a foreign national in Savannah looking to make an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN is here to help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.