EB-5 investors from San Jose, California looking for EB-5 investments should explore the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
The EB5AN regional center in California covers the entire city of San Jose, including St. Leo’s, Sunol-Midtown, and other surrounding neighborhoods. If you are considering San Jose as a location for your EB-5 project, contact EB5AN to find out how to affiliate with an EB5AN EB-5 regional center for your project.
Why Should EB-5 Investors Use a Regional Center?
The EB-5 investment process is simplified for potential EB-5 applicants who use EB-5 regional centers. When paired with a regional center, it is also easier to show required job creation. Only regional centers are allowed to use the indirect method of calculating jobs, through an approved economic methodology. So, EB-5 investors must only show that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan rather than documenting that full-time (W-2) employees were hired and employed at the business for at least two full years.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities throughout the United States including San Jose, California.
The EB5AN State of California Regional Center
Prospective EB-5 investors may choose EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. But those living in San Jose may simply want to invest in projects located in California, and EB5AN has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers San Jose.
Since EB5AN’s regional center has geographic coverage of the entire state of California, this means you can pick anywhere in San Jose for your project location and start raising capital right away. For a complete list of USCIS-approved EB5AN regional centers, visit the USCIS website.
Evaluating EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in San Jose or the surrounding areas in California should always evaluate their financial and immigration risk when choosing an EB-5 investment project.
One condition of an EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the entirety of the investment. This is to ensure investors actually invest their capital and are not simply “purchasing” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Just the opposite—EB-5 investors are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool takes investors through the initial due diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
What Are the Green Card Benefits for San Jose EB-5 Investors?
The key benefits for a San Jose-based EB-5 investor making an EB-5 investment in a new commercial enterprise include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the quickest methods to obtain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, their spouse, and any unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders can apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States without restrictions.
- Live anywhere you choose from the beaches of Hawaii to the mountains of New Hampshire or from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of a big city.
- Live in states such as Florida or Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied re-entry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel anywhere in the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and their family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $800,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,050,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment amount of $800,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
EB-5 Investment in San Jose, California
California: Population and Income Demographics
The City of San Jose has a population of well over one million people and covers an area of 180.5 square miles. This large population could benefit from an EB-5 project that creates needed jobs for the unemployed residents of San Jose. Becoming an EB5AN business affiliate will allow you to help your community by expanding employment opportunities.
If you’re thinking of starting your EB-5 venture in the San Jose area, consider partnering with our EB5AN regional center. We can save you time and money by helping you access funding and ensuring your business gets off the ground as fast as possible. And because regional center projects have less stringent job requirements (both direct and indirect jobs count toward the goal), the odds of securing permanent residency are that much higher for your investors.
San Jose, California Culture and Economy
San Jose draws tourists, investors, and university students from nearby areas and around the world with its well-known attractions, such as the Tech Museum of Innovation, and institutions of higher education, such as San Jose State University. San Jose has also given its full support to the EB-5 Regional Center Program as a mutually beneficial way of allowing foreign investors to legally immigrate to the United States and become permanent U.S. residents.
The EB5AN State of California Regional Center has complete coverage of of Silicon Valley in Santa Clara County, including the surrounding areas of Blossom Park, Cambrian Park, and West San Jose. Interested foreign investors can successfully immigrate to the United States through a qualifying EB-5 investment made with EB5AN’s USCIS-approved State of California regional center.
San Jose is fully supportive of the EB-5 Regional Center Program as a mutually beneficial way for foreign investors to immigrate to the United States while boosting both the local and national economy.
San Jose, California EB-5 Investors
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to San Jose residents. EB-5 investors from San Jose and the surrounding areas in California can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by our EB5AN State of California EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you are originally from, if you are a foreign national living in San Jose looking for an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. Contact us today to learn more about the benefits of regional center affiliation and how to become a business affiliate of EB5AN for your EB-5 project. Call 1-800-288-9138 or send an e-mail to info@EB5AN.com.