EB-5 investors from San Francisco, California, researching EB-5 investments should consider the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
If you’re interested in developing an EB-5 project based in San Francisco, the EB5AN State of California Regional Center, approved by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), covers all of San Francisco, including Chinatown, Downtown-Union Square, and the surrounding neighborhoods that make up the city.
Why Are Regional Centers Used By EB-5 Investors?
Because the EB-5 investment process is simplified for potential EB-5 applicants who use EB-5 regional centers, it makes it easier to show required job creation. Only regional centers are allowed to use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. So EB-5 investors must only show that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan rather than documenting that full-time (W-2) employees were hired and employed at the business for at least two full years.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities throughout the United States including San Francisco, California.
The EB5AN State of California Regional Center
Prospective EB-5 investors may choose EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. But those living in San Francisco may simply want to invest in projects located in California, and EB5AN has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers San Francisco.
The EB5AN EB-5 regional center for California covers not only all of San Francisco but also the entire Golden State. Becoming an affiliate of EB5AN will allow you to start raising capital for your project in San Francisco right away. For a complete list of USCIS-approved EB5AN regional centers, visit the USCIS website.
Evaluating an EB-5 Investment Project
EB-5 investors based in San Francisco or the surrounding areas in California should always evaluate their financial and immigration risk when choosing an EB-5 investment project.
One condition of an EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the entirety of the investment. This is to make certain investors actually invest their capital and are not simply “purchasing” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Just the opposite — EB-5 investors are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool takes investors through the initial due diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
What Are the Green Card Benefits for San Francisco EB-5 Investors?
The key benefits for a San Francisco-based EB-5 investor making an EB-5 investment in a new commercial enterprise include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the quickest methods to obtain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, their spouse, and any unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders can apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States without restrictions.
- Live anywhere you choose from the beaches of Hawaii to the mountains of New Hampshire or from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle Los Angeles.
- Live in states such as Florida or Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied re-entry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel anywhere in the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and their family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment amount of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
EB-5 Investment in San Francisco, California
San Francisco: Population and Income Demographics
San Francisco, with its population density of 18,569 people per square mile, is the eighth most densely populated city in the entire United States. This means that affiliating with EB5AN’s State of California Regional Center will provide sorely needed employment opportunities in the community.
If you’re thinking of starting your EB-5 venture in the San Francisco area, consider partnering with our EB5AN regional center. We can save you time and money by helping you access funding and ensuring your investment gets off the ground as fast as possible. Regional center projects have less stringent job requirements (both direct and indirect jobs count toward the goal), so the odds of securing permanent residency are that much higher for your investors.
San Francisco, California, Culture and Economy
Tourists flock to San Francisco to see some of its well-known attractions, such as the Golden Gate Bridge. Students from around the world are enrolled at San Francisco State University, the University of San Francisco, and the University of California, San Francisco, and investors have found their niche in the city as well.
What’s more, San Francisco is fully supportive of the EB-5 Regional Center Program as a mutually beneficial way for foreign investors to establish permanent residency in the United States while boosting the economy.
EB5AN’s State of California Regional Center offers foreign investors the opportunity to invest through an approved EB-5 regional center that covers all of San Francisco, including the nearby areas of Los Altos Hills, Hillsborough, and Loyola. Our regional center has full coverage of the City by the Bay in San Francisco County.
San Francisco, California EB-5 Investors
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to San Francisco residents. EB-5 investors from San Francisco and the surrounding areas in California can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by our EB5AN State of California EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you are originally from, if you are a foreign national living in San Francisco researching an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.