EB-5 investors from Jersey City, New Jersey seeking an EB-5 investment should review the benefits of making their EB-5 investment in a project sponsored by EB5AN.
From Jersey City’s historic Downtown to Newport, all of Jersey City falls under the EB5AN New Jersey regional center’s geographic coverage.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Choose to Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers simplify many aspects of the EB-5 investment process and make it easier to show the required job creation. Only regional centers can include jobs created indirectly, which are calculated using an approved economic methodology. EB-5 investors must only show that their investment capital was spent according to the original business plan. Unlike direct investors, regional center investors do not need to document that full-time W-2 employees were hired and then employed for two full years at a minimum.
EB5AN has several USCIS-approved regional centers. EB5AN’s regional centers give it broad geographic coverage. This coverage network enables it to sponsor EB-5 projects in cities around the United States, including Jersey City, New Jersey.
The EB5AN Jersey City, Regional Center
EB-5 investors can make their EB5 investments in a project located in any part of the United States. However, some investors may choose to invest in projects located closer to home. For prospective EB-5 investors in Jersey City, EB5AN thankfully has a USCIS-approved regional center.
The EB5AN State of New Jersey Regional Center covers many counties in New Jersey, including Hudson County and Jersey City. Eligible foreign investors who desire U.S. permanent residency can make their EB-5 investment through our New Jersey EB-5 regional center or any other regional center owned by EB5AN to obtain U.S. permanent residency through the EB-5 investment program.
What Are the Primary Green Card Benefits and Requirements for Jersey City EB-5 Investors?
What are the Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements?
The major EB-5 investment requirements are as follows:
- Investing at least $800,000 if an EB-5 project is in a rural or high unemployment area considered a targeted employment area (TEA). If a project is located outside of a TEA, investors must invest at least $1,050,000. However, EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are all located within TEAs, thus qualifying for the reduced investment threshold of $800,000.
- Preserving or creating a minimum of 10 full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers. These jobs must last at least two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise (NCE) or a business that is troubled.
- Keeping the investment at-risk and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
What are the Primary EB-5 Investment Benefits?
The primary benefits for Jersey City EB-5 investors include the following:
Various Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- The EB-5 visa is one of the quickest ways to gain U.S. permanent residency for the EB-5 investor and their family including their spouse, and any unmarried children who are under 21 years of age.
- Green card holders who are retired can access their pensions that were earned abroad or in the United States. Those with U.S. permanent residency may also qualify for social welfare programs, such as Medicare.
- Green card holders can apply for U.S. citizenship following at least five years of established U.S. permanent residency.
- Green card holders can qualify for lower-cost in-state tuition at public universities and colleges. They can also access public elementary, middle, and high schools for free.
- U.S. residency notably increases the chance of admission to U.S. universities by 350%. Once admitted, green card holders can qualify for financial aid and scholarships.
- Permanent residents are also able to apply for internships and postgraduate positions as well as work while studying.
- Green card holders can live and work anywhere they choose to in the United States, without restriction. They can also choose to live in states like Texas or Florida which do not have a state income tax.
- The EB-5 program also doesn’t require a visa or employer sponsor. This means that green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa to work.
- Green card holders can leave the country without being at risk of being denied reentry. Some travel restrictions do apply, though.
- Green card holders can also travel anywhere in the United States.
If a significant event, such as a political change, occurs in the investor’s home country, the investor can immediately gain entry to the United States along with their family.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Jersey City or greater New Jersey should consider potential financial and immigration risks when deciding on an EB-5 investment project. A successful EB-5 visa investment must keep the investment capital at risk for the investment’s entire duration. This requirement ensures investors cannot simply “buy” a U.S. green card. However, this “at risk” label does not imply that EB-5 investors must invest in “risky” projects. Instead, EB-5 investors are encouraged to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to immigration and financial risk.
EB5AN, working with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed a tool for EB-5 investors to conduct their initial diligence of EB-5 projects. The tool, called the EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool, is highly functional and easy-to-use. It examines EB-5 projects from both immigration and financial risk perspectives.
Download our EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Questionnaire
EB-5 Investment in Jersey City
Jersey City: Population and Income Demographics
The city of Jersey City spans 21.13 square miles, housing 262,075 inhabitants with a population density above 16,736 people per square mile. These figures make it the 10th-most densely populated city in the state.
Making a Jersey City-based EB-5 investment through EB5AN would benefit the community’s economy, providing new full-time jobs and reducing Jersey City’s unemployment rate.
The Culture and Economy of Jersey City, New Jersey
Jersey City has several locations that attract visitors and students, including Liberty State Park and New Jersey City University. As a hub of banking and finance, Jersey City is nicknamed Wall Street West. The city has a long and storied history of economic contributions by immigrants and has been called the most ethnically diverse city in the United States.
EB-5 Investors from Jersey City
EB5AN has several EB-5 investment projects available for investment to residents of Jersey City, New Jersey. EB-5 investors from Jersey City and the surrounding areas in New Jersey who are interested in making an EB-5 investment should inquire to learn about the projects that are currently open to investment and sponsored by one of EB5AN’s EB-5 regional centers.
The team at EB5AN can help all foreign nationals in Jersey City considering making an EB-5 investment no matter where they come from. Call us at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.