EB-5 investors from Hayward, California seeking an EB-5 investment should consider the benefits of investing in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) EB-5 visa project.
Considered to be almost a northern extension of Silicon Valley, Hayward is home to the corporate and manufacturing headquarters of a handful of substantial firms. While some smaller tech companies reside there, more notable names include the PepsiCo production and distribution center, Impax Laboratory, Pentagon Technologies, Annabelle Candy, and the Gillig bus company. These manufacturing and research firms, as well as more municipal organizations such as the Alameda County Sheriff’s Department, the local school district, and the City of Hayward, are top employers in the area. Chabot College and East Bay’s California State University serve Hayward’s educational needs.
Why Are Regional Centers Popular With EB-5 Investors?
EB-5 regional centers simplify the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants and make it easier to demonstrate required job creation. Specifically, only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors must show only that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan rather than documenting that full-time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5 Affiliate Network maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in towns across the United States including Hayward, California.
The EB5 Affiliate Network State of California Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Those living in Hayward, however, may simply want to invest in projects located in California, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Hayward.
Our EB5AN State of California EB-5 regional center has geographic coverage of the entire East Bay area, encompassing all of Alameda County. The EB5AN State of California EB-5 Regional Center offers immigrant investors who seek U.S. permanent resident status the opportunity to invest in a USCIS-approved EB-5 regional center that covers not only Hayward but all 58 counties in the state.
What Are the Green Card Benefits for Hayward EB-5 Investors?
The direct benefits for a Hayward-based EB-5 investor making an EB-5 investment include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States without restrictions.
- Live anywhere from the beaches of Florida to the mountains of Idaho or from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Alaska or Nevada with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied re-entry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel anywhere in the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and their family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
Evaluating EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Hayward and the surrounding areas in California should evaluate both financial and immigration risk when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
One requirement of a lucrative EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to ensure investors actually invest their capital and are not simply “purchasing” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Quite the contrary—EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investment in Hayward, California
Hayward: Population and Income Demographics
With a population of about 160,000 and a size of 63 square miles, Hayward has the requisite density to support many new local businesses. Retail, restaurants, and services can thrive in this township, which boasts 3,500 people per square mile in one of the most celebrated areas of the Golden State. You will be helping to reduce the unemployment rate in Hayward by creating new jobs for residents.
If you’re thinking of launching your EB-5 venture in the Hayward area, consider partnering with the EB5AN regional center. We can save you time and money by helping you access funding and ensuring your business gets off the ground faster. And because regional center projects have less stringent job requirements (both direct and indirect jobs count toward the goal), the odds of securing permanent residency are that much higher for your investors.
The Culture and Economy of Hayward, California
With a public art trust designed to beautify the city with public art and several historically preserved architectural sites, the proudly nuclear-free City of Hayward balances corporate culture with a diverse and inclusive cultural and artistic sensitivity.
Hayward, CA employs 80,500 people. The largest industries are Health Care & Social Assistance, Manufacturing, and Retail Trade and the highest paying industries are Utilities ($98,387), Professional, Scientific, & Technical Services ($67,804), and Public Administration ($63,867).
Hayward, California EB-5 Investors
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Hayward. EB-5 investors from Hayward and the surrounding areas in California can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Hayward considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.