Astoria, New York EB-5 investors in the market for EB-5 investments need to contemplate the advantages of investing in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) EB-5 visa project. Astoria is where many different cultures, from Greek to Egyptian, intersect to create a culturally diverse neighborhood. Young New Yorkers are flocking here as a place of possibilities. Thanks to the coverage of the EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) New York Regional Center in Astoria and the surrounding towns, immigrant investors have found a secure place to make their mark.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Astoria, New York Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may choose EB5 investments anywhere in the United States. Those currently residing in Astoria, however, may merely want to invest in projects established within the state, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Astoria.
EB5AN’s State of New York EB-5 Regional Center also covers Astoria, meaning that aspiring EB-5 investors can make their in this expanding community if they so choose.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers simplify the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants and make it simpler to validate required job creation. In particular, only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic approach. In other words, EB-5 investors must demonstrate only that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan rather than needing to verify that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5 Affiliate Network supports multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, allowing it to instantly sponsor robust EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Astoria, New York.
Green Card Benefits for Astoria EB-5 Investors
There are a variety of benefits for Astoria-based EB-5 investors and those looking to make an EB-5 investment, such as:
- As a green card holder, you can live and work anywhere you’d like in the United States without any restrictions. So, if you want to make the sandy beaches of Hawaii or the cozy mountain ranges Colorado your home, you can. You can even live in a state without an income tax.
- You don’t need an employer or visa sponsor in the EB-5 program.
- H-1B work visas are not required for green card holders to work.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- For EB-5 investors looking to gain permanent residency in the United States, the process is one of the quickest ways.
- Green card holders who are retired can access pensions that were earned abroad as well as in the United States, and may possibly qualifying for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders can apply for U.S. citizenship after just five years of being an established permanent resident in the country.
- If you’re a green card holder, you can leave and re-enter the United States as you wish, but be aware that some travel restrictions do apply.
- Green card holders can travel freely throughout the United States
- If you’re worried about the shifting political landscape in your home country, investors can bring their family to the U.S. immediately in an emergency.
- Green card holders have access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- You can increase your children’s chances of being admitted to a U.S. university by as much as 350%! Plus, those with green cards are able to qualify for in-state tuition, scholarships, and financial aid packages. Permanent residents can work as you study, apply for postgraduate positions, or while you’re interning.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The key EB-5 investment conditions are:
- Financing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Ventures outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Establishing or maintaining at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last at least two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Upholding the at-risk status of the investment and using investment monies that have been lawfully obtained.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
In Astoria, and the surrounding areas in New York, EB-5 investors need to consider both the financial and immigration risk when choosing an EB-5 investment project.
One of the conditions of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the length of the investment.
This condition is in place in order to guarantee investors actually invest their capital and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card. That said, don’t think that an “at risk” investment means that you have to invest your capital in a project that is risky, either. EB-5 investors are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough due diligence to reduce their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly useful, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investment in Astoria
Astoria: Population and Income Demographics
There’s no doubt about it – Astoria is a growing destination for young New Yorkers. With its affordable homes in the city, it’s become the place to live in New York.
In 10 minutes, Astoria’s 96,000 people can easily be in the middle of the hustle and bustle amid Manhattan’s landmarks. Additionally, this middle-class neighborhood is known for being a commercial center. Exclusive restaurants and exciting shopping surround you in this neighborhood. Astoria is also home to medical centers, financial companies, small businesses, and more.
The Culture and Economy of Astoria, New York
Anyone who lives in New York can tell you that finding affordable housing is a challenge. Part of what makes Astoria so appealing to young people is the lower housing prices. And while you may not yet be ready for a penthouse that overlooks Central Park, you can find a slice of outdoor heaven in Astoria Park, which offers stunning views of the East River and is home to the oldest swimming pool in the city.
Astoria is also covered by EB5AN’s State of New York Regional Center. That helps to give aspiring immigrant investors peace of mind that their business ventures are being launched in a thriving community. You can partner with the existing center or create your own for your slice of the American dream.
EB-5 Investors from Astoria
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Astoria, New York. EB-5 investors from Astoria and the surrounding areas in New York can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.