Foreign Investors from Augusta, Georgia looking for EB-5 investment
Making an EB-5 investment through an EB-5 regional center comes with many benefits.
Investors from Augusta, Georgia looking for an EB-5 investment should consider investing through EB5AN.
The EB5AN Georgia Regional Center covers the entire state of Georgia including Augusta and its metropolitan area. Learn more about the process to affiliate with EB5AN and the many benefits investors enjoy.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
By making an EB-5 investment through an EB-5 regional center, investors take advantage of an approved economic methodology that uses the indirect method of calculating jobs. This means investors only need to account for the funds included in the business plan rather than having to document all full time (W-2) employees and their continued employment for the entire two-year investment period. Since there is a strict minimum number of jobs that must be created to ensure a successful EB-5 investment, this leniency, afforded only to regional center investors simplifies that requirement significantly..
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including in Augusta, Georgia.
The EB5AN Augusta, Georgia Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Those living in Augusta, however, may simply want to invest in projects located within the state, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Augusta.
All 159 counties of Georgia are included in EB5AN’s Regional Center coverage, making Augusta the perfect place to invest. Foreign investors who wish to obtain permanent residency status may select any of the EB5AN operated regional centers to secure their green card through the EB-5 Immigrant Investment Program.
Green Card Benefits for Augusta EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for an Augusta based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements are as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $800,000 for EB-5 investments located in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects not defined as TEAs require an investment of $1,050,000, EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are all located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment amount of $800,000.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that are proven to be lawfully sourced.
- Producing or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Permanent residents have the flexibility to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- From the hills of Tennessee to the lakes of Michigan, you can choose where you’d like to take the next step of your life
- States like Massachusetts and Texas are extremely appealing as they don’t have a state income tax.
- Permanent residents do not need H-1B work visa in order to work
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350% as well as simplifies the application process
- Permanent residents qualify for all in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Green card holders can also work during their time at university, partake in internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders have free and complete access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and in-state tuition at public colleges and universities
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to obtain a green card in the United States for the EB-5 investor, their spouse, and any unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Permanent residents may apply for U.S. citizenship after five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Retired permanent residents have access to their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for governmental social welfare programs like Medicare
- Permanent residents can travel to any part of the United States.
- Green card holders have the flexibility to leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although a few travel restrictions apply.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and their family can immediately return to the United States.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors from Augusta and neighboring areas in Georgia should consider both possible financial and immigration implications when choosing an EB-5 investment project.
To ensure a successful EB-5 visa investment, the investment capital needs to be at risk for the entire investment period. This way, it can be proven that investors really invest their capital and are not merely “buying” a green card.
EB5 investors do not need to invest in “risky” business projects to prove that their capital be “at risk.” On the contrary, EB-5 investors are encouraged to conduct careful due diligence to curtail any exposure to immigration and financial risk.
In association with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, EB5AN has created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool available for all EB-5 investors. This highly functional, user-friendly mechanism guides EB-5 investors through the initial diligence of their EB-5 projects from both immigration and financial risk perspectives.
Download our EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Questionnaire
EB-5 Investment in Augusta
Augusta: Population and Income Demographics
Augusta is a booming city of 197,191 inhabitants. The city also boats a lively metropolitan area that 608,980 residents call home. The population destiny of Augusta is 654.2 people per square mile, making it the 123rd most populous city in the United States
The city of Augusta, coupled with its metropolitan area, is the perfect place for to make an EB-5 investment. Investing through EB5AN would create many new jobs and improve the overall economic standing of the city itself.
The Culture and Economy of Augusta, Georgia
Home to Fort Gordon, indigenous history, Augusta University and the Masters Golf Tournament, Augusta is a hub of activity and possibility in Georgia. With a tourism industry exceeding half a billion dollars each year, the EB-5 Regional Center Program is an excellent opportunity to improve Augusta’s economy and allow foreign investors to pursue U.S. permanent residency status.
EB-5 Investors from Augusta
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Augusta, Georgia. EB-5 investors from Augusta and the surrounding areas in Georgia can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are available for investors and sponsored by an EB5AN regional center.
Wherever you come from, foreign nationals in Augusta should consider making an EB-5 investment, and the team at EB5AN can help. Learn more by contacting us at 1-800-288-9138, or sending us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.