EB-5 investors from Milpitas, California, seeking an EB-5 investment should consider the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
EB5AN has a fully approved EB-5 regional center in California that covers all of Milpitas, including all of Santa Clara County.
The EB5AN Milpitas, California Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Those living in Milpitas, however, may simply want to invest in projects located within the state, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Milpitas.
The EB5AN State of California Regional Center covers the entire area of Santa Clara County. Foreign investors seeking U.S. permanent resident status can invest in an EB-5 project through a USCIS-approved regional center that covers all of Milpitas, including the surrounding areas of South Bay, East Bay, and Fremont.
Green Card Benefits for Milpitas EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Milpitas based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Florida and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $800,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,050,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $800,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers streamline the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants and make it easier to demonstrate required job creation. Specifically, only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors must show only that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan rather than documenting that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Milpitas, California.
EB-5 Investment in Milpitas
The Culture and Economy of Milpitas, California
Milpitas ranks first in the country for the number of people employed in the computer and electronics industry. Manufacturing plants serve as the primary employers in the area, and include Flex, Linear Technologies, and Headway Technologies. Both research and manufacturing take place here, in the tradition of San Francisco’s rich technological history.
The area also boasts a rich arts community. The Milpitas Alliance for the Arts has been active since 1997, funding and promoting public murals, plays, and sculptures. The Art in Your Park project set up numerous sculptures in public parks around the city. Every August, the Celebrate Milpitas Festival brings together musical performance, craft arts, and food.
Milpitas: Population and Income Demographics
Milpitas has a population of about 77,000 people and remains one of the more densely populated areas of California, given its location in the prized Bay Area. With a median household income of $99,000 per year, Milpitas is a wealthier area, but a large income gap creates disparity between the haves and have nots, and the city could still benefit from outside development projects.
Milpitas fully supports the EB-5 Regional Center Program as a way for investors to legally migrate to the United States while boosting the U.S. economy at the same time. Milpitas’s prime location makes it an ideal place for your EB-5 investment. Affiliating your EB-5 investment with EB5AN would create full-time jobs for this community, reducing the unemployment rate and benefitting the residents of Milpitas and surrounding areas.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Milpitas and the surrounding areas in California should evaluate both financial and immigration risk when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
One of the requirements of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to ensure investors actually invest their capital and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Quite the contrary—EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Download our EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Questionnaire
How to Get Started in Milpitas
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Milpitas, California. EB-5 investors from Milpitas and the surrounding areas in California can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Milpitas considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.