EB-5 investors from Yonkers, New York, seeking an EB-5 investment should consider the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
Investors in Yonkers can affiliate their EB-5 investment with the EB5AN regional center in New York. This EB-5 regional center’s area of geographic coverage spans every neighborhood in the city of Yonkers.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers streamline the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants and make it easier to demonstrate required job creation. Specifically, only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors must show only that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan rather than documenting that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Yonkers, New York.
The EB5AN Yonkers, New York Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Those living in Yonkers, however, may simply want to invest in projects located within the state, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Yonkers.
The EB5AN State of New York Regional Center has geographic coverage of Westchester County, including the city of Yonkers and neighboring inner suburbs such as northern Manhattan and the Bronx. Through our USCIS-approved EB-5 regional center, EB-5 investors and developers can meet their goals and achieve U.S. permanent resident status.
EB-5 Investment in Yonkers
Yonkers: Population and Income Demographics
With a population of over 200,000, Yonkers is one of largest suburbs in the state of New York. With 15.5 percent of the population below the poverty line, and a median family income of about $53,000, Yonkers stands to benefits from outside development projects.
The large population of Yonkers makes it a great candidate for investment through the EB-5 program. You can contribute to the community’s economic growth and provide new employment opportunities for its residents by affiliating your investment with the EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
The Culture and Economy of Yonkers, New York
This classic New York neighborhood, also known as the City of Seven Hills, is one of the most diverse areas of the United States. With a rich Hispanic and African-American heritage, as well as Irish and Italian-American residents, Yonkers is no exception to the New York legacy of being a place for peoples of different nationalities and origins to gather and create new multicultural environments. This has manifested in a rich array of locales for the arts, music, and cuisine.
Investors have also found Yonkers to be an attractive destination since the city approves of the EB-5 Regional Center Program, which offers benefits for both the U.S. economy and the foreign investor in pursuit of U.S. permanent residency.
Green Card Benefits for Yonkers EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Yonkers based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Florida and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Yonkers and the surrounding areas in New York should evaluate both financial and immigration risk when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
One of the requirements of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to ensure investors actually invest their capital and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Quite the contrary—EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investors from Yonkers
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Yonkers, New York. EB-5 investors from Yonkers and the surrounding areas in New York can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Yonkers considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.