Are you a foreign national living in Elmhurst, New York? If you are—and if you’d like to live there permanently—consider making an EB-5 investment in Elmhurst with the help of EB5AN’s EB-5 regional center for the State of New York.
Elmhurst is part of Queens Community Board 4 and an excellent choice for an EB-5 investment in New York.
Regional Center Investment: The Overwhelming Choice of EB-5 Investors
Why do most EB-5 investors opt to invest through an EB-5 regional center? Simple—in addition to the in-depth guidance that experienced EB-5 professionals can provide, making an EB5 investment through a USCIS-approved regional center makes the job creation requirement of the program easier. Both direct and regional center investors must show that their EB-5 investment has created at least 10 new, full-time jobs for U.S. workers, but regional center investors have the option to count indirect jobs, which makes the process significantly easier and improves an investor’s chances of obtaining U.S. permanent resident status.
If you’d like to invest in Elmhurst, New York, while pursuing a U.S. green card, EB5AN’s State of New York EB-5 Regional Center is the best choice. With broad coverage across New York, you can make an EB5 investment securely with the knowledge that leading EB-5 experts are working for you.
Make Your EB-5 Investment through EB5AN’s State of New York Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Many who are already living in the United States, however, prefer to invest in their local states or communities. Elmhurst investors are among them—anyone who wants to make an EB-5 investment in Elmhurst or another New York community can do so through EB5AN’s regional center for the State of New York.
The EB5AN Northeast Regional Center offers coverage all across the State of New York, including, naturally, Elmhurst. Thus, wherever you want to invest in New York City or New York States, EB5AN can provide comprehensive EB-5 regional center coverage. Investing through one of EB5AN’s reputable regional centers is among the quickest and easiest ways for foreign nationals living in Elmhurst to make the United States their permanent home by attaining U.S. permanent residency rights.
How Does a U.S. Green Card Help Foreign Nationals in Elmhurst?
Read below for a general overview of the benefits a foreign national can glean from obtaining U.S. permanent resident status and maintaining their life in Elmhurst:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- The EB-5 program grants green cards to not only the investor but also their spouse and unmarried children younger than 21, and it is generally one of the fastest and simplest ways to a green card.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- If a green card holder resides in the United States under permanent resident status for at least five years, they may apply for U.S. citizenship.
- Green card holders can leave and re-enter the United States by simply showing their green card, although some travel restrictions apply.
- No part of the United States is off-limits to travelers with green cards.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of Florida and Hawaii to the mountains of Utah, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of Chicago.
- Take advantage of the lack of state income tax in places like Boston and Texas.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders can freely take up almost any post of employment without an H-1B work visa
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can gain employment while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
What’s needed for an EB5 investment? The main requirements are below:
- Investing a minimum of $800,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high-unemployment areas that qualify for targeted employment area (TEA) status. This investment amount increases to $1,050,000 if the project is not in a TEA. However, since EB5AN only works with EB-5 projects located in TEAs, foreign nationals who make an EB-5 investment through an EB5AN regional center need not worry.
- Creating or preserving a minimum of 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that are sustained for no less than two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Keeping the EB-5 investment capital at risk throughout the investment period and proving in the I-526 petition that the funds derive from legal sources.
Conducting Due Diligence When Selecting an EB-5 Project
EB-5 investors based in Elmhurst and other parts of New York should be careful when selecting an EB-5 project: without sufficient due diligence, an investor could increase their financial and/or immigration risk.
One of the requirements that USCIS has laid out for EB-5 investors is the need to maintain investment capital at risk for the full investment period. This is to ensure investors actually invest their capital and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
However, this does not mean that an EB-5 investment is required to be risky—simply that the capital incurs both the possibility for gain as well as the risk of loss. Therefore, it’s a good idea for EB-5 investors to conduct careful due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
The EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors developed by EB5AN and Klasko Immigration Law Partners is the ideal tool for the EB-5 due diligence process. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Download our EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Questionnaire
Elmhurst: Making an EB-5 Investment
Population and Income Demographic Statistics for Elmhurst
Elmhurst, first established in 1652 by a group of Dutch immigrants, was considered a suburb of New Amsterdam. Currently, it has a population of around 90,000. Its neighborhoods are diverse and thriving, with a large Native American population and a bustling Chinatown.
The Cultural and Economic Context of Elmhurst, New York
Elmhurst is the second biggest Chinatown in Queens, and it has flourished from a series of small shops on Broadway to a hub of culture and celebrations. The neighborhood is also known for the Queens Center and Queens Place malls. It’s a favorite destination for shopping and tourism, and with a slow but steady population increase it’s starting to catch the eye of investors. There are also incredible outdoor opportunities and several family-friendly parks, including Elmhurst Park.
In other words, Elmhurst provides myriad incentives for people of all walks of life to set up home in the neighborhood. From students—domestic and international alike—to tourists, to EB-5 investors, Elmhurst is a thriving NYC neighborhood, and an EB-5 investor would do well to invest in a local Elmhurst EB-5 project.
Making an EB-5 Investment as a Foreign National Living in Elmhurst
EB5AN makes numerous EB-5 projects available to the residents of Elmhurst, as well as those living elsewhere in New York State. To take advantage of this lucrative EB5 investment opportunity, EB-5 investors in Elmhurst and the surrounding areas in New York can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
Foreign nationals from all over the world now living in Elmhurst should make an EB-5 investment to continue their life in the United States, and the best way to execute an EB-5 investment is to work with the team at EB5AN. To gain a better understanding of the EB-5 visa, please click here to book a free consultation call with our expert team.