Investing in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) sponsored EB5 visa project offers unique opportunities that EB-5 investors from Houston, Texas, seeking an EB-5 investment should consider.
Our EB5AN regional center in Texas, which covers every Houston neighborhood, including Downtown, Houston Heights, and Meyerland, has been approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
Simply put, EB-5 regional centers make it simpler to demonstrate completion of the job creation requirements, thus streamlining the investment process for potential EB-5 applicants. More specifically, only regional centers can utilize the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors who join a project sponsored by an EB-5 regional center only need to demonstrate that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan.
EB5AN has successfully obtained multiple regional center approvals from USCIS and maintains a country-wide network of geographic coverage, allowing us to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Houston, Texas.
Primary Requirements for Making an EB-5 Investment
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
Green Card Benefits for Houston EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Houston based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from West Coast to East Coast, from the South to the Northeast, and everywhere in between.
- Live in states such as Alaska and Nevada with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders do not need to obtain an H-1B work visa in order to work
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
The Importance of Evaluating EB-5 Investment Project Risks
A successful EB-5 visa investment must be at risk for the entirety of the investment. This requirement ensures that investors are not just “buying” their way into permanent residency status in the U.S. but are actually investing their capital.
However, the term “at risk” does not at all mean that EB-5 investors are required to select “risky” projects to invest in. To avoid such an occurrence and to minimize exposure to financial and immigration risk, EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence before making their investment.
To help EB-5 investors evaluate both the financial and immigration risks when selecting an EB-5 investment project, EB5AN has created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool aims to help investors navigate their way through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Houston, Texas Regional Center
EB-5 applicants looking to make their investment can choose to invest in an EB5 project located anywhere in the United States. That being said, EB-5 investors currently residing in Houston may find it more straightforward to invest in a project located within the state, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Houston.
Our EB5AN State of Texas and Louisiana Regional Center is authorized to handle EB-5 investments and projects throughout the entire state of Texas, including all neighborhoods of Houston. Therefore, foreign investors who are eligible and want to obtain U.S. permanent resident status can choose to finance an EB-5 project under our Texas EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN owned regional center.
Making an EB-5 Investment in Houston
Houston: Population and Income Demographics
Houston spans 627 square miles and maintains a population of upward of 2.3 million. With a population density of 3,613 people per square mile, there are always opportunities for development and a strong demand for employment prospects.
Affiliating your EB-5 project with EB5AN’s Texas regional center is an excellent way to create full-time jobs and help lower the unemployment rate for the people of Houston.
The Culture and Economy of Houston, Texas
Hurricane Harvey couldn’t keep this city down. Houston’s Space Center, Museum District, and Waterwall Park are just a few of the sights that draw in tourists. The University of Houston brings eager students from all over the country and around the globe. Houston has also welcomed the EB-5 Regional Center Program along with its accompanying economic growth and immigrant investors seeking new lives in the US.
The Space City’s counties, including Harris, Montgomery, and Fort Bend, and suburbs, including Cinco Ranch, the Woodlands, and Greatwood, fall within the purview of the EB5AN State of Texas EB-5 regional center. Developers looking for project funding in these areas will find what they need by affiliating with our USCIS-approved regional center, and EB-5 investors looking for investment opportunities will find them here as well.
EB-5 Investors from Houston
Working with EB5AN offers residents of Houston, Texas, the opportunity to join an EB-5 investment project. EB-5 investors from Houston and the surrounding areas in Texas who are interested in making an investment sponsored by an EB5AN regional center are encouraged to reach out and inquire about projects that are currently accepting investments.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Houston considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network is here to help. Give us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.