There are a number of benefits for EB-5 investors from Flushing, New York, that should be considered when they seek to invest in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
The city of Flushing benefits from geographic coverage from the EB5AN New York regional center which includes every town, borough, and city in New York.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers make the entire application process easier with a streamlined approach. A specific benefit of using a regional center is only investors working with a regional center may use the indirect method of calculating jobs, which is done through an approved economic methodology. This benefit allows investors to focus their efforts on other parts of the application and investment process rather than documenting that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for a minimum of two years.
The expansive coverage of EB5AN across the United States makes investing anywhere easy. The EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers and with its center in New York, it can easily sponsor any EB-5 projects in Flushing.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
Two important investment risks for EB-5 investors based in Flushing and the surrounding areas in New York to consider during the EB-5 investment project selection are financial and immigration risk.
There are many requirements to consider before investing in an EB-5 project. One of which is that a successful EB-5 visa investment is one with investment capital at risk during the entire investment. The United States put this requirement in place to prevent anyone from “buying” a green card and to ensure investors actually invest their capital.
Contrary to the wording, the United States is not encouraging “risky” project investments. It encourages EB-5 investors to conduct thorough due diligence in order to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
Any potential EB-5 investors can use the EB-5 Project Risk Assessment tool, developed by the EB5AN in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners. This accessible and highly functional tool will guide investors through potential financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Green Card Benefits for Flushing EB-5 Investors
A Flushing based EB-5 investor will receive the following direct benefits when making an EB-5 investment:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- An EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 are eligible for permanent residency in the United States through an investment in the EB-5 investment program, a rapidly growing method for getting a green card.
- The U.S. has a growing number of social programs which can be accessed by retired green card holders. In addition to the benefits offered through the states, they can access any pensions earned abroad.
- In order to become a U.S. citizen, green card holders can only apply after at least five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders have access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- A green card will allow a foreign investor to live and work without restriction in the United States.
- The United States offers a plethora of geographic options to settle. A green card holder could move to a evergreen area by the beaches of the west coast, a ski town in the mountains of the west, or one of the major metropolises across the country
- Live in a state without an income tax, such as Florida and Texas.
- An investor would not be required to have a visa sponsor or employer sponsor in the EB-5 program
- Working in the United States is easy as a green card holder because an H-1 B work visa is not required
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
The EB5AN Flushing, New York Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Those living in Flushing, however, may simply want to invest in projects located within the state, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Flushing.
Our EB5AN State of New York Regional Center provides coverage of the entire state of New York, including the borough of Queens which houses the neighborhood of Flushing. Eligible foreign investors who desire U.S. permanent resident status can select an EB-5 investment under our New York EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN owned regional center to obtain permanent residency through the EB-5 investment program.
EB-5 Investment in Flushing
Flushing: Population and Income Demographics
The city of Flushing spans 1.33 square miles, housing 70,000 inhabitants with a population density of 52,631 people per square mile. While the population has not fluctuated much in recent years, there is a growing whir of activity in the area. It is the fourth-largest business district in New York City. The growth of activity here is reason that a Flushing-based EB-5 investment with EB5AN would be a prime investment that you do not want to miss out on.
The Culture and Economy of Flushing, New York
New York City is a hot spot for visitors across the globe and Flushing is easily accessible from Manhattan. Flushing has a deep culture and a lot of New York history. It hosts the Queens Museum, New York Hall of Science, and Queens Botanical Gardens. The area is largely residential but continues to draw investors and entrepreneurs with its growing business district. In addition, the EB-5 investment program offers a way for you to benefit from quicker investment capital project opportunities through investing in Flushing which in turn boosts the U.S. economy..
EB-5 Investors from Flushing
Residents of Flushing and the surrounding areas can invest in EB-5 investment projects sponsored by EB5AN. Any foreign national in Flushing considering making an EB-5 investment in a current investment project sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center should contact the team at EB5AN for help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.