EB-5 investors from Hicksville, New York looking to make an EB-5 investment should think about the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
The hamlet of Hicksville, located in the town of Oyster Bay in Nassau County on Long Island, falls within the coverage of the EB5AN New York Regional Center. When you affiliate your EB-5 project with our regional center, you avail yourself of numerous benefits.
The Plus Side of Using a Regional Center
EB-5 regional centers streamline the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants and make it easier to demonstrate required job creation. Specifically, only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors must show only that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan rather than documenting that full-time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor solid EB-5 projects in towns across the United States including Hicksville, New York.
The EB5AN New York Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Hicksville residents, however, may simply want to invest in projects located on Long Island, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Hicksville and all of Nassau County.
Our EB5AN New York Regional Center provides coverage of the entire state of New York, including Nassau County and Hicksville. Eligible foreign investors who desire U.S. permanent resident status can select an EB-5 investment under our State of New York Regional EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN-owned regional center to obtain permanent residency through the EB-5 investment program.
Green Card Benefits for Hicksville EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Hicksville-based EB-5 investor making an EB-5 investment include the following:
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States without restrictions.
- Live anywhere from the beaches of South Carolina to the mountains of Idaho or from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of a big city.
- Live in a state such as South Dakota or Washington that have no state income tax.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the quickest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for an EB-5 investor, their spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied re-entry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel anywhere in the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and their family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
- Investing a minimum of $800,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,050,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $800,000.
The Importance of Evaluating an EB-5 Investment Project
EB-5 investors based in Hicksville and the surrounding Long Island area should evaluate both financial and immigration risk when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
One requirement of a lucrative EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to ensure investors actually invest their capital and are not simply “purchasing” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Just the opposite—EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Download our EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Questionnaire
EB-5 Investment in Hicksville, New York
New York: Population and Income Demographics
With a median household income of $105,000 and a population of just over 40,000, Hicksville is one of the wealthier sections of Long Island. It exists at a major nexus of the Long Island Railway, lying at the juncture where the Ronkonkoma Branch and Port Jefferson Branch meet to form the Main Line. Served by a public library, a post office, and a public school system, this small hamlet covers only 6.8 square miles.
The Culture and Economy of Hicksville, New York
As a subsection of Oyster Bay Township, it is primarily a residential area. Its relatively affluent and concentrated population has the potential to support new development and projects; there is no shortage of opportunities in this culturally rich and historic area of New York. Hicksville was developed as a major bedroom community of New York City located just 25 miles away. The LIRR has a team yard here, served by the New York and Atlantic Railway, for off-line freight customers receiving or shipping cargo by rail to anywhere in the North American rail network.
Hicksville’s Broadway Mall, located in the center of Nassau County, is a significant retail center. Hicksville is also home to a number of the finest Indian restaurants on Long Island thanks to its large proportion of immigrants from Bangladesh, India and Pakistan.
Visitors and residents can learn about the history of the area at the Oyster Bay Historical Society, Planting Field Arboretum Historical State Park, and the Raynham Hall Museum.
Hicksville, New York EB-5 Investors
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to Hicksville residents. EB-5 investors from Hicksville and the surrounding areas on Long Island can reach out to EB5AN to learn about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment.
If you are a foreign national currently living in Hicksville and considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. For more information about the EB-5 investment opportunities available now, kindly click here to arrange a call.