EB-5 investors from Glen Oaks, New York seeking an EB-5 investment should consider the benefits of investing in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) EB-5 visa project.
Located in the Borough of Queens, Glen Oaks offers numerous benefits for families and business owners alike. Considered one of the best places to live in New York City, Glen Oaks offers the convenience of the city coupled with the hominess and safety of the suburbs. There’s a reason this neighborhood is populated by young people and seniors alike. Home to a wide array of restaurants and shops, Glen Oaks is also a great spot for recreation.
With so much going for Glen Oaks, it’s no surprise that this neighborhood is also a hotspot for business. Conveniently, the EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) boasts a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)–approved regional center covering all of New York, including the neighborhoods in Queens.
Why Do EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers simplify the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants and make it easier to demonstrate required job creation. Specifically, only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors must show only that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan rather than documenting that full-time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5 Affiliate Network maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in towns across the United States, including Glen Oaks, New York.
The EB5 Affiliate Network New York Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Those living in Glen Oaks, however, may simply want to invest in projects located within the state, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Glen Oaks.
Our EB5AN New York Regional Center provides coverage of the entire state of New York, including the New York City borough of Queens and Glen Oaks. Eligible foreign investors who desire U.S. permanent resident status can select an EB-5 investment under our State of New York Regional EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN-owned regional center to obtain permanent residency through the EB-5 investment program.
Green Card Benefits for Glen Oaks EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Glen Oaks-based EB-5 investor making an EB-5 investment include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado or from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Florida and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied re-entry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel anywhere in the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and their family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Glen Oaks and the surrounding areas in New York should evaluate both financial and immigration risk when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
One of the requirements of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to ensure investors invest their capital and are not able to simply “purchase” a U.S. green card.
This “at risk” label does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. EB-5 investors are instead recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investment in Glen Oaks, New York
Glen Oaks: Population and Income Demographics
With a population of 15,517, Glen Oaks is clearly a community on the rise. This Queens neighborhood boasts a median income of $85,174 per household, meaning that residents have money to support local businesses. Plus, the increase in tourism to Queens will ensure that new EB-5 ventures see a steady stream of customers.
Due to Glen Oaks’ population, a Glen Oaks-based EB-5 investment with EB5 Affiliate Network could help catalyze significant change in the local community. A new EB-5 investment in Glen Oaks would help generate new full-time jobs and help to reduce Glen Oaks’ unemployment rate.
If you’re thinking of launching your EB-5 venture in the Glen Oaks area, consider partnering with the EB5AN New York regional center. We can save you time and money by helping you access funding and ensuring your business gets off the ground faster. And because regional center projects have less stringent job requirements (both direct and indirect jobs count toward the goal), the odds of securing permanent residency are that much higher for your investors.
The Culture and Economy of Glen Oaks, New York
Rising rent prices are driving residents out of Manhattan and Brooklyn and pushing them toward the largest borough. Located in Queens, Glen Oaks lets residents enjoy more affordable housing without sacrificing quality of life. Visit one of the neighborhood’s many brunch spots or enjoy the sun at Rockaway Beach. And, of course, kids will love visiting the animals at the Queens Zoo. Because Queens is just a 15-minute train ride away from Brooklyn—45 minutes from Manhattan—residents have plenty of great employment opportunities at their disposal. The end result is a robust economy perfect for your EB-5 business.
EB-5 Investors from Glen Oaks, New York
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Glen Oaks. EB-5 investors from Glen Oaks and the surrounding areas in New York can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Glen Oaks considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.