EB-5 Investors from Newark, New Jersey, Seeking an EB-5 Investment
EB-5 investors from Newark, New Jersey, seeking an EB-5 investment should consider the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
Located just outside of Manhattan, Newark receives total geographic coverage from the EB5AN’s New Jersey regional center.
EB-5 Investment in Newark
Newark: Population and Income Demographics
Located within the New York City metropolitan area, Newark is a major transportation hub with a population of 281,000 people. It is located eight miles west of lower Manhattan in the Port of New York and New Jersey.
Newark’s location is prime for potential EB-5 investors. Because the city is situation just outside of Manhattan, there is a variety of wealth in the area and an EB-5 project could help introduce or further develop industry while simultaneously creating jobs for the area.
The Culture and Economy of Newark, New Jersey
The city of Newark attracts tourists and locals alike with the New Jersey Performing Arts Center and Branch Brook Park. Newark welcomes an array of students to Rutgers University-Newark. It is the most diverse national university in the United States. This welcoming atmosphere of people from a variety of backgrounds extends to the EB-5 investment program. The city of Newark sees the EB-5 program as an opportunity for new jobs to be brought to the region while simultaneously facilitating the immigration process for foreign investors who want to enrich our country.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers streamline the application process for potential EB-5 investors. There are also specific advantages to partnering with a regional center. One of which is that investors can use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology, which makes it easier to demonstrate required job creation. The indirect method of calculating job just requires that EB-5 investors show their invested funds were spent according to the business plan, rather than documenting that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN manages multiple USCIS-approved regional centers, and our broad geographic coverage makes it easy to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Newark, New Jersey.
The EB5AN Newark, New Jersey, Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Those living in Newark, however, may simply want to invest in local projects, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Newark.
Our EB5AN State of New Jersey Regional Center provides coverage of the entire state of New Jersey, including Newark and its surrounding neighborhoods. Eligible foreign investors who seek U.S. permanent resident status can select an EB-5 investment under our New Jersey EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN owned regional center.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
Before selecting a project to invest in, EB-5 investors based in Newark and the surrounding areas in New Jersey should evaluate both financial and immigration risk.
In order for an EB-5 visa investment to be successful, the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to ensure investors are actually investing their capital and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
However, the term “at risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Quite the contrary — EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Green Card Benefits for Newark EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Newark based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They also have access to any other social programs for which they qualify, such as Medicare.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Florida and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
EB-5 Investors from Newark
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Newark, New Jersey. EB-5 investors from Newark and the surrounding areas in New Jersey can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Newark considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.