EB-5 investors from New York City, New York, pursuing an EB-5 investment should consider the advantages of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
EB5AN New York regional center covers all of the New York City boroughs, as well as the greater New York City metropolitan area.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in New York City and the surrounding areas in New York should evaluate both financial and immigration risk when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
One of the requirements of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to ensure investors are actually investing their capital and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
However, the term “at risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Quite the contrary — EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers streamline the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants. The experts at regional centers use their experience to guide potential investors through the application process. In addition, investing with a regional center makes it easier to demonstrate required job creation.
Specifically, only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors must show only that they allocated their invested funds according to the business plan. While direct EB-5 investors must show documentation that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including New York City, New York.
The EB5AN New York City, New York, Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors can choose to invest in an EB-5 project located anywhere in the United States. Those living in New York City, however, may simply want to invest in projects located within the state, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers New York City.
Our EB5AN State of New York Regional Center provides coverage of the entire state of New York, including New York City and all of its boroughs. Eligible foreign investors who want to obtain U.S. permanent resident status can select an EB-5 investment under our New York EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN owned regional center.
EB-5 Investors from New York City
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of New York City, New York. EB-5 investors from New York City and the surrounding areas in New York can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in New York City considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.
Green Card Benefits for New York City EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a New York City based EB-5 investor making an EB-5 investment include the following:
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Florida and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- Obtaining permanent residency in the United States is often a tedious process but EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also access Medicare and other social welfare programs for which they are eligible.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
EB-5 Investment in New York City
New York City: Population and Income Demographics
Ranking as the fourth most densely populated city in the country, New York City has a population of around 8.5 million people over 468.5 square miles, which gives it a population density of 28,317 people per square mile.
Because of New York City’s socioeconomically diverse population, a New York City-based EB-5 investment with EB5AN could create significant change in the local community with new full-time jobs and development.
The Culture and Economy of New York City, New York
Not only is New York City famous amongst Americans, but it is world-renowned as well. Tourists from around the globe fly into New York City to see sights such as the Statue of Liberty and Metropolitan Museum of Art. Students vie for spots at universities located in the heart of the city such as Columbia University and New York University. New York has a long history of providing opportunity for immigrants and plans to continue this reputation with its acceptance of EB-5 investors.