Whether EB-5 investors are moving to, or are already based in Charlotte, North Carolina, they should review the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
There is complete geographic coverage of the city of Charlotte from the first to the fourth ward under the EB5AN’s North Carolina regional center.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $800,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,050,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $800,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers provide guidance which makes navigating through the investment process significantly easier. Regional centers are familiar with the EB-5 investment process and the requirements one must have to be successful. The paperwork for an EB-5 investment can be a hassle to complete, but with help from a regional center the process can be seamless. In addition to making the process easier, partnering with an EB-5 regional center makes it easier to demonstrate the required job creation. Only regional centers may use the induced and indirect method of calculating jobs. The benefit to this is that EB-5 investors only have to show they allocated their funds according to their business model. They do not have to show documentation that 10 full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN encompasses numerous USCIS-approved regional centers which in turn gives it broad geographic coverage and allows it to sponsor strong EB-5 projects in U.S. cities across the country with ease.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
Immigration and financial risks are two potential risks for EB-5 investors based in the greater Charlotte area to evaluate before selecting an EB-5 investment project.
In order for an EB-5 investment to be successful, the investment capital must be at risk throughout the investment. Many critics accuse the EB-5 visa program as being one where investors can simply buy a green card but this requirement ensures investors are making a legitimate investment.
To make the investment legitimate, it does not have to be “risky” and investors should still conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has produced an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This convenient tool guides potential investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Download our EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Questionnaire
EB-5 Investment in Charlotte
The EB5AN Charlotte, North Carolina Regional Center
The vast network of USCIS-approved regional centers allows potential EB-5 investors to select EB5 investment opportunities across the United States. If a potential investor who resides in Charlotte wishes to invest close to home, they will be covered through the North Carolina regional center.
All of Mecklenburg County, where Charlotte is located, is covered in our EB5AN State of North Carolina Regional Center. One of the most attractive benefits of investing in an EB-5 project is the eligibility for an EB-5 visa which allows the investor to get U.S. permanent resident status for the investor, their spouse, and their unmarried children under the age of 21.
Green Card Benefits for Charlotte EB-5 Investors
There are several direct benefits which Charlotte based EB-5 investors could enjoy and they include the following:
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Florida and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
EB-5 Investors from Charlotte
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Charlotte, North Carolina. EB-5 investors from Charlotte and the surrounding areas in North Carolina can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Charlotte considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. For more information on available EB-5 investment opportunities, kindly click here to schedule a call with us.
Charlotte: Population and Income Demographics
With an area of 297.7 square miles and a population of 842,051 people, Charlotte is a great southern city to choose to invest in. There are not a plethora of flourishing cities with skylines in the south, but Charlotte is one of them. An EB-5 investment in Charlotte would help bring additional jobs and money to the Charlotte area.
The Culture and Economy of Charlotte, North Carolina
The Queen City has the advantage of full coverage from the North Carolina EB-5 Regional Center. The surrounding neighborhoods of Marvin, Davidson, and Tegay Cay are also covered by the regional center. Students are drawn to the area to attend the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and Davidson College. Tourists come to Charlotte to see the NASCAR Hall of Fame and other fun attractions around the city. Charlotte has endorsed the EB-5 Regional Center Program which creates an encouraging environment for investors looking to invest in a project in the region.