EB-5 Investment Opportunities for EB-5 Investors from Miami, Florida
EB5 investment opportunities abound locally for EB-5 investors from Miami, Florida. South Florida EB-5 investors will also find many benefits to investing in an EB-5 visa project sponsored by an EB5AN regional center.
All of Miami is covered by EB5AN’s EB-5 regional center, including Little Havana, trendy Brickell, Wynwood-Edgewater, and other beautiful locales in the Magic City.
The EB5AN Miami, Florida Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Those living in Miami, however, may simply want to invest in projects located within the state, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Miami.
All of Miami-Dade County is fully covered by our EB5AN State of Florida EB-5 regional center, including Pinecrest, Hialeah, and Palmetto Bay. Our State of Florida regional center provides a USCIS-approved channel for immigrant investors in pursuit of permanent residency to invest in their future.
Green Card Benefits for Miami EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Miami based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Miami and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders do not need H-1B work visa in order to work
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
EB-5 Investment in Miami
Miami: Population and Income Demographics
Miami’s city limits extend over 56 square miles and include 453,500 residents. With 12,599 people per square mile, it’s a densely populated city, but it’s quite low in job prospects compared with similar-sized cities. However, this only means that the people of Miami are in a position to benefit from the full-time jobs your project can bring to their city by investing with our EB5AN regional center.
Miami, Florida’s Culture and Economy
Miami is both a popular tourist destination and a top EB-5 investment destination, filled with possibilities through our EB5AN regional center. From Miami Beach to Florida International University to the University of Miami Life Science and Technology Park (an EB5 investment project), there are plenty of reasons for tourists, students, and investors to stick around.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Miami and the surrounding areas in Florida should evaluate both financial and immigration risk when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
One of the requirements of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to ensure investors actually invest their capital and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Quite the contrary—EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers streamline the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants and make it easier to demonstrate required job creation. Specifically, only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors must show only that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan rather than documenting that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Miami, Florida.
EB-5 Investors from Miami
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Miami, Florida, as well as all of the South Florida region. EB-5 investors in the Magic City should inquire about EB5 investment projects sponsored by an EB5AN regional center. There may be new projects open to investment.