How do I know if I’m eligible for EB-5?
If you meet the following conditions, an EB-5 investment may be the ideal choice for you:
- Long Time Horizon – It can take a significant amount of time to obtain residency through the EB-5 program
- Liquidity – You must have the means to pay for your investment, administrative fees, filing fees, and any professional fees such as legal fees. You must also have the ability to leave your money invested for approximately five years without the need to withdraw the funds
- Source of Funds – You must be able to provide documentation showing where you legally obtained your money
- Risk Tolerance – EB-5 investments have risks and you must have a certain risk tolerance to be eligible for such investments
- Suitability – Contact us to learn more about suitability requirements of EB-5 investments
If you are a foreign national with a desire to legally immigrate to the United States and have sufficient funds, the EB-5 Program offers you a simple and fast way to complete your immigration process. The program does have a few strict requirements, however.
Before starting the EB-5 process you will need to make sure that the funds you plan on investing are (i) personal funds that belong to you, and (ii) are traceable to a legal source. Permitted sources of funds include salary, dividends, gifts from family or friends, etc. You will need to provide documentation showing the source of all funds, and you will also need to show that all appropriate taxes have been paid.
The entire EB-5 process will take several years to complete, but at the end of it, you will be a legal permanent resident of the United States. And while the time horizon may seem like a long time, it is substantially shorter than the time period that most other immigrants need to wait.